It is considered to be one of the most beautiful and fascinating destinations to visit in Nigeria. The Kajuru castle, a tourist’s delight tucked away in the mountains of Kajuru, has been Kaduna’s best kept secret for many years.
About 45 kilometres south-east of Kaduna on the Kachia road is the local government area of Kajuru. Turning into the road at the right from the centre of the town and driving past the local government headquarters for about six kilometres to the left stands a strange sight on a mountain ridge – a castle. Who could have imagined seeing such a magnificent sight in Africa, in Nigeria and in Kaduna State?
Who would have thought that something like that existed this side of the world?
About Your Trip BOOK NOW
The getaway to kajuru Castle is such an exciting one right from the moment you sign up. The soothing pleasure starts when you arrive at the Abuja train station (Kubwa or Idu). You are greeted by the magnificent building, well lit up and prepares your mind for the great adventure. Its a 2 hour 30 mins ride to the Rigasa station in Kaduna. the ride gives you an opportunity to navigate the beautiful landscape. You also see some sparse settlement. One sure thing you will also run through your mind is the vast potentials abound along the raillines when fully developed. Touching ground Rigasa you will be ushered into a waiting vehicle for onward tranfer to the castle
At the Castle, there is plenty of leisure. If you desire, you can head out on a short hike to get a mountain view of the magnificent castle where you can take beautiful photographs to capture the moment. kajuru Castle is a great place to reset your luxury desires and live like royalty.
By the time your adventure is over, you will wish it just began.
Your adventure includes one night stay at the castle (Tourists on a scheduled group trip) as well as:
• Castle tour which includes, professional tour guide.
• Lunch and refreshment plus (other meals for tourists on the sleepover package)
• An In-destination Support team member will be provided on this group trip. Their goal is to ensure you have a great Motley experience from arrival to departure. They host a welcome reception on arrival day, attend scheduled activities throughout the trip, notify the group of itinerary updates and more.
Return Train ride from Abuja and ground transportation from the Rigasa train station. Travel insurance is included your any trip.
Please note: Airport transfers are not included in this trip. Make sure to arrange your own transfers between the airport and the pick-up point.
Check in at the Idi/Kubwa train station at 0630hrs.
0700hrs.: Train departs Idu station.
0720hrs.: Train departs Kubwa station.
0915hrs.: Train arrives Rigasa train station.
0945hrs.: Bus departs Rigasa station to the castle.
1100hrs.: Arrival to the castle
1125hrs.: Castle tour begins
1230hrs.: Short hike (Mountain view of the castle).
1300hrs.: Dip in the pool for swimming, party and other entertainment activities.
1700hrs.: Daycation ends and Sleepover package begins
1900hrs.: Dinner is set
2000hrs.: Sauna is set
2200hrs.: Night fun / Kareoke and more fun till lights out (NOTE : You may have your alcoholic beverage handy to spend the night)
0700hrs.: The long hike to experience KAJURU 360'.
1000hrs.: Breakfast is set
1030hrs.: Private tine and prep to check out.
Itinerary subject to change to accommodate activities not listed.
• Accommodation of the medieval ages (No television).
• Stainless steel plated swimming pool.
• Open air ground.
• On-site recreational activities include board games.
• Dragon at night / Crocodile during the day.
• Self catering kitchen with a kitchen assistant.
Deluxe accommodations with:
• 1 king bed. Please note: No television set as the accommodation reflects medieval living.
• Maximum occupancy 2 adults.
• Minimum occupancy 1 adult.
• Bathroom with shower.