Yankari Games Reserve
Yankari National Park is a large wildlife park located in the south-central part of Bauchi State, in northeastern Nigeria. It covers an area of about 2,244 square kilometres (866 sq mi) and is home to several natural warm water springs, as well as a wide variety of flora and fauna.
Yankari has rich wildlife resources. The park is an important refuge for over 50 species of mammal including African bush elephant, olive baboon, patas monkey, Tantalus monkey, roan antelope, western hartebeest, West African lion, African buffalo, waterbuck, bushbuck and hippopotamus. The Sudan cheetah may have been extirpated from the area. It also has a large and diverse freshwater ecosystem around its freshwater springs and the Gaji River.
About Your Trip
The trip to Yankari Game Reserve begins from Abuja as you head out on a 363km journey. On this fun and captivating trip, you will get to experience the rich cultural heritage of the people starting from the Emirs of Bauchi palace, drive through beautiful landscape laced with lots of isolated mountains and some very huge ones. You will see, first hand, animals in their natural habitat as they play host to visitors. A drive through the city of Bauchi exposes the unique lifestyle of the average northerner and the simplistic nature of their daily routines. Interestingly, you will also get to see the tomb of late Sir Tafawa Balewa, the first and only prime minister Nigeria ever had. Different wildlife living in their habitat and you can learn all about them on your vacation from an informative guide.
At the resort, there is plenty of leisure time to relax. If you desire, you can head out on a walk through the beautifully laid walk ways within the resort and have an exciting time with the baboons as they are ever willing to display their prowess to your pleasure.
What you will love:
• Take a safari drive to the Sumu wildlife park. The first safari experience exposes you to giraffes, Zebras, western Hartebeast and many other wildlife to your vewing pleasure.
• About 60 Kms drive from the Command guest house, where you spend your first night due to the proximity to the Sumu wildlife park, you will appreciate the beautifully laid out mountains that adorn the landscape.
Your Vacation includes 4 days and 3 nights in Yankari Game Reserve (One of the nights is spent at the Commang Guest House in Bauchi)
• Facility tour which includes Access fees, bottled water, professional tour guide and transportation.
• Breakfasts and dinners.
• An In-destination Support team member will be provided on your trip. Their goal is to ensure you have a great Motley experience from arrival to departure. They attend scheduled activities throughout the trip, notify of itinerary updates and more.
Airfare is not included in the trip price! The closest Bauchi Airport, approximately 23 kilometers away from the city centre. Travel insurance is included your trip.
• Restaurant Bar.
• Warm swimming pool.
• Children’s playground.
• On-site and recreational activities include, tennis, games and much more at no additional cost.
• Game viewing
• Complimentary self-parking.